Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 15 Oct 2010 (Friday) 03:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

[Pics] Timbuk2 Snooper Camera Messenger

Depth
986 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 15, 2010 03:18 |  #1

Some crummy pics for now. I've had no time between classes to take pics of it so here are some mediocre pics taken at 1 am. :lol:

I'll try to get some better pics of it up this weekend.

Next to a 7MDH (Snooper is Medium).

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

IMAGE NOT FOUND

(Canon 1v w/ Olympus 21mm f/3.5, 135mm f/2L and a 24-70mm f/2.8L. What can't be seen in the pocket below the 135mm is the Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 and a Sekonic L-758DR)
IMAGE NOT FOUND

I haven't messed around with configuring the insert yet. It also came with one extra blue divider, which isn't in the pic. But as it can be seen there is a lot of room the spare, just the dividers need to be repositioned to make better use of it.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

15" MBP.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Gear List
ACCD

sponsored links
chromewaves
193 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Oct 15, 2010 12:11 |  #2

the dividers look like they reach almost the entire height of the insert - are they bendable to allow you to mount a camera with lens mounted while still zipping it shut? or is it more of a transport and assemble when it's around your neck deal?

http://www.chromewaves​.net (external link)

Vaya
67 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 15, 2010 16:53 |  #3

Thanks for the pics Depth, bag looks great! Just curious, does the bag conform to your body much when you wear it?

Flickr (external link) | 5DII | 50 1.4

mitch2k1
129 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 15, 2010 23:26 |  #4

Which size did you get? I think I'm looking at my next bag. Now I just need to decide small or medium. More pictures please, plus list the lens and bogy you can fit in it please.

Gear List:
Canon 5D MkIII
24-105mm f4L 70-200mm f2.8L Zeiss 50mm 1.4 Zeiss 18mm 3.5 Zeiss 25mm 2.0 100mm 2.8 Macro USM

Depth
THREAD ­ STARTER
986 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 15, 2010 23:44 |  #5

chromewaves wrote in post #11102799 (external link)
the dividers look like they reach almost the entire height of the insert - are they bendable to allow you to mount a camera with lens mounted while still zipping it shut? or is it more of a transport and assemble when it's around your neck deal?

There's the two bendable ones that can be seen in the pic and two more pads that are half the height (one can be seen in the pic).

I haven't tried setting it up so I can have a lens mounted on the body.

Vaya wrote in post #11104444 (external link)
Thanks for the pics Depth, bag looks great! Just curious, does the bag conform to your body much when you wear it?

Without the laptop it does.

mitch2k1 wrote in post #11106395 (external link)
Which size did you get? I think I'm looking at my next bag. Now I just need to decide small or medium. More pictures please, plus list the lens and bogy you can fit in it please.

It's medium. And I already listed the info (read the first post :p).

Gear List
ACCD

darosk
Goldmember
2,806 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 15, 2010 23:54 |  #6

Nice, I was just looking at this on the website not 5 minutes ago. How's the weight like compared to your 7MDH?

Tumblr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Youtube (external link)
Gear

Depth
THREAD ­ STARTER
986 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 16, 2010 00:10 |  #7

Weights about the same.

Gear List
ACCD

vzipper
59 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 18, 2010 13:08 |  #8

How did you get one in that color scheme? From the website, I only saw blk/grey or grey/red...

Depth
THREAD ­ STARTER
986 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 18, 2010 13:14 |  #9

Looks like they took it down.

Gear List
ACCD

kojach
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 21, 2010 11:52 as a reply to  @ Depth's post |  #10

re:TimBuk2 Snoop availability on the site --- seems like they'll be getting more Nov 1st.

The insert looks like a gripped body could fit comfortably - can anyone confirm?

Such an awesome looking bag... especially in that colour, though I'd be happy with the black/silver also.

Definitely preferred look/organization to the Crumpler (as much as I love my 5 MDH).

Animgif
144 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 21, 2010 18:07 |  #11

Anyone have any pics of the small Snoop?

EOS 5D III, 16-35 II, 24L II, 24-105, 70-200L II

BBrat
Goldmember
1,601 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 21, 2010 19:09 |  #12

kojach wrote in post #11138811 (external link)
re:TimBuk2 Snoop availability on the site --- seems like they'll be getting more Nov 1st.

The insert looks like a gripped body could fit comfortably - can anyone confirm?

Such an awesome looking bag... especially in that colour, though I'd be happy with the black/silver also.

Definitely preferred look/organization to the Crumpler (as much as I love my 5 MDH).

I just got my medium in the black/gun metal and I have a D300 and D700 both with grips and they fit perfect. I believe the D700 w/grip is bigger than a 7D or 5D MKII w/ grips for reference. Its a very nice bag, extremely well put together.

Brian Gear List

BBrat
Goldmember
1,601 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 21, 2010 19:18 as a reply to  @ BBrat's post |  #13

for those that have the bag, whats the strap with the hook clasp for? Mine came with one seperately and I cant find it on the site for what it is used for? It could be really obvious but I am clueless...

Brian Gear List

shotbyb
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 21, 2010 21:20 as a reply to  @ BBrat's post |  #14

I think it's the cross strap. You loop it on the main strap and clip it on the bottom of the bag to keep it from moving around. I don't have the Snooper exactly, but I do have a regular messenger bag from them and it came with that.

flickr (external link)
Carbonmade (external link)
Canon T1i, Sigma 30/1.4, Canon 50/1.8, Tamron 17-50/2.8
and a kit lens I can't seem to get rid of.

mitch2k1
129 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 21, 2010 23:10 |  #15

Got my black/gun metal bag this morning, like the quality and fit of the insert. I jammed a Lowepro Stealth Reporter insert into a large and medium TImbuk2 messenger in the past, never fit just right. This bag has everything I was attempting to accomplish, space, fit of the insert, stealth and comfort. Look forward to shooting the Zombie Walk out of the bag this weekend.

As for the additional strap, it is the cross strap. They are included in all of Timbuk2's messengers, used to stabilize the bag.

Gear List:
Canon 5D MkIII
24-105mm f4L 70-200mm f2.8L Zeiss 50mm 1.4 Zeiss 18mm 3.5 Zeiss 25mm 2.0 100mm 2.8 Macro USM

sponsored links

8,936 views & 0 likes for this thread
[Pics] Timbuk2 Snooper Camera Messenger
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.