Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 22 Oct 2010 (Friday) 15:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's

smacatl
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,566 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 28, 2013 17:53 |  #4531

Jim and Johnny V - Thanks for the feedback! Hope it helps.

1Kind - I've updated the original post to remove the duplication between listing the available models and the cost (now they are combined).
I did leave the history of the pricing intact because I think that information might be of value for someone who is either trying to track the pricing, or anticipate the entry of other products into the Program.

Smacatl
Premier Member of the OGUS Photo Club (Over-Geared, Under-Skilled) (with Credit to our President & Founder JWCDDS)
Gear List

sponsored links
scottsoutter
202 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2013

Jul 31, 2013 13:30 |  #4532

Just called in today to see if the 6D had made the program. "Not as of yet," unfortunately. However for all of you interested in the 5D Mark II, today it's $1407 + state tax.

Johnny ­ V
Goldmember
2,283 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jul 31, 2013 17:33 |  #4533

Bummer! Saw the 6D is listed as a refurb.

Fear the Gear! Canon 5D3/6D/50D/T2i/EOS-M; 17-40L f4; 70-200 f4; 50 f1.4; 18-55 f3.5 IS; Sigma 85 f1.4; Tamron 85 f1.8; Canon 35 f2-IS; 580EX; Comet Strobes; Smugmug 20% Discount  (external link)

DiploJohn
46 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 04, 2013 00:15 |  #4534

DiploJohn wrote in post #16122295 (external link)
Is there a difference between "out of stock" and "backordered" on the Canon refurb page? The good experiences reported here have given me confidence in buying a 5DIII through the program, but am wondering when it may be possible to purchase it. Also, if the refurb page does not list it as available, is there a point in calling the CLP number (I was planning to grab the extra 15% through CLP as well.) Thanks in advance for any insight into these questions.

So, thank you to all who chimed in. I received my 5dIII from the CLP (with the 15% off) and it all seems to be in order. 112 clicks. I think they sent me the wrong eyecup, though (seems to be an issue lately...) I'll try my local cameral shops Sunday and Monday and see if I can solve this sooner rather than later. Otherwise, a flawless transaction.

res
895 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2008

Aug 04, 2013 12:20 |  #4535

DiploJohn wrote in post #16179332 (external link)
So, thank you to all who chimed in. I received my 5dIII from the CLP (with the 15% off) and it all seems to be in order. 112 clicks. I think they sent me the wrong eyecup, though (seems to be an issue lately...) I'll try my local cameral shops Sunday and Monday and see if I can solve this sooner rather than later. Otherwise, a flawless transaction.

I ordered one a couple weeks back and they had put them all on back order due to wrong eye cups. They came in stock two days later and I got one. You might call and see if they will just ship you one.

DiploJohn
46 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 05, 2013 11:42 |  #4536

res wrote in post #16180359 (external link)
I ordered one a couple weeks back and they had put them all on back order due to wrong eye cups. They came in stock two days later and I got one. You might call and see if they will just ship you one.

I called Canon today; they said this was a "know issue" and are sending one out, no problem.

Update: Canon sent me the replacement piece; it slipped right onto the camera, just like it was supposed to. All's well that ends well.

KhanhD
"I need a grip . . . on my life"
1,523 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Aug 14, 2013 20:59 |  #4537

Just called, no 5Diiis in stock at the moment.

Khanh Duong | KHDPhoto.com (external link) | flickr (external link) | facebook (external link)
iPhone 5s + Instagram (external link)

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,192 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 29, 2013 15:47 |  #4538

Q's: You guys know if to get the 20% CLP discount, Canon will require the broken Pt & shoot Powershot S200 camera will need to have battery?
The ones i saw on eBay going for $10, the seller said they don't come with battery.

smacatl
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,566 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 29, 2013 15:50 |  #4539

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16251134 (external link)
Q's: You guys know if to get the 20% CLP discount, Canon will require the broken Pt & shoot Powershot S200 camera will need to have battery?
The ones i saw on eBay going for $10, the seller said they don't come with battery.

From the first post on page one:

Do I need to be the original owner of the trade in? Do I need to provide the original receipt? Does the trade in need to be registered with Canon? No to all of the above. The only requirement is that the product be a Canon camera that is out of warranty. You also do not need to return any accessories that go with the original camera when you ship the trade in; batteries, straps, cables, manuals, can all be kept. Just return the stripped down camera.

Smacatl
Premier Member of the OGUS Photo Club (Over-Geared, Under-Skilled) (with Credit to our President & Founder JWCDDS)
Gear List

Yogi ­ Bear
Goldmember
1,492 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Aug 29, 2013 15:51 |  #4540

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16251134 (external link)

No battery? NO PROBLEM!! In reality, they don't even keep track of who sends in what. I bought a 7D through the CLP and never sent in the old camera. Although Canon did e-mail a shipping label to me, there was never any additional follow up.

You'll be fine!

Yogi

Canon EOS 7D | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM | EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS |
EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM | 250D | EF-S 10-22 mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | 580 EX II |

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,192 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 29, 2013 16:27 |  #4541

Sounds good! guys :D

smacatl wrote in post #16251145 (external link)
From the first post on page one:

Do I need to be the original owner of the trade in? Do I need to provide the original receipt? Does the trade in need to be registered with Canon? No to all of the above. The only requirement is that the product be a Canon camera that is out of warranty. You also do not need to return any accessories that go with the original camera when you ship the trade in; batteries, straps, cables, manuals, can all be kept. Just return the stripped down camera.

Yogi Bear wrote in post #16251147 (external link)
No battery? NO PROBLEM!! In reality, they don't even keep track of who sends in what. I bought a 7D through the CLP and never sent in the old camera. Although Canon did e-mail a shipping label to me, there was never any additional follow up.

You'll be fine!

Yogi

Why not then just get SN# from the ebay listings and give it to Canon? don't even need to buy these P&S cameras... but then i guess whose to say Canon won't ask for the broken camera or charge back the discounted cost:confused::confused:
I w

mine1
Goldmember
1,289 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Aug 29, 2013 16:35 |  #4542

KHAWACHEN wrote in post #16251250 (external link)
Sounds good! guys :D

Why not then just get SN# from the ebay listings and give it to Canon? don't even need to buy these P&S cameras... but then i guess whose to say Canon won't ask for the broken camera or charge back the discounted cost:confused::confused:
I w

because for a lousy 10 bucks there is no reason to try to screw canon. too many people doing **** like that and canon will stop having the program.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/81190407@N08/ (external link)
Canon 60d.Canon 18-135, 55-250 II, and 10-18 stm. and Benro C-1681t Travel Angel, with Sirui K20x head.

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,192 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 29, 2013 17:40 |  #4543

mine1 wrote in post #16251270 (external link)
because for a lousy 10 bucks there is no reason to try to screw canon. too many people doing **** like that and canon will stop having the program.

Point taken :)
Ordered a Powershot s200 on ebay

Johnny ­ V
Goldmember
2,283 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 29, 2013 17:56 |  #4544

...Why not then just get SN# from the ebay listings and give it to Canon?...

This is what happened with my last CLP purchase.

I purchased a P&S camera off eBay that had it's serial number showing in one of the pics. The Canon Sales rep asked for the serial number and after I told her there was a long pause and hesitation... she put me on hold for about a minute and eventually approved the serial number... but I was sweating bullets!

So my guess is someone did just that, got the serial number off eBay and used it and didn't return any kind of camera.

Anyway lets not ruin CLP for everyone. Please buy an old camera and return it to Canon to recycle. I use this seller on eBay (external link) that has cameras for as low as $6.00 with free shipping.

Fear the Gear! Canon 5D3/6D/50D/T2i/EOS-M; 17-40L f4; 70-200 f4; 50 f1.4; 18-55 f3.5 IS; Sigma 85 f1.4; Tamron 85 f1.8; Canon 35 f2-IS; 580EX; Comet Strobes; Smugmug 20% Discount  (external link)

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Aug 29, 2013 18:07 |  #4545

I w

They ask for the serial number and then you're required to send it to them so they can recycle it. If they do not get it within a certain number of days, you get hit with the 20% that you saved on your credit card.

Hiep Bui Photography | Harrisburg Wedding Photographer (external link)

sponsored links

575,476 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.