Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 26 Oct 2010 (Tuesday) 21:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Vincent Laforet - Creative Live

tjames
261 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Oct 26, 2010 21:18 |  #1

Has anyone seen this? Or has anyone purchased it? I really dug Zack Arias' session and was thinking about picking up Vince's but I didn't know if it was worthwhile or not and haven't really found any definitive answers either way..

Gear List: Kodak Funsaver MAX Cameras, Epson Scanner, MS Paint & some Crayons

mrgooch
Goldmember
3,160 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 26, 2010 21:21 |  #2

Your post is a mystery.

tjames
THREAD ­ STARTER
261 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Oct 26, 2010 21:30 |  #3

mrgooch wrote in post #11171658 (external link)
Your post is a mystery.

Umm, pretty straightforward if you ask me... is there something I'm missing here?

Gear List: Kodak Funsaver MAX Cameras, Epson Scanner, MS Paint & some Crayons

drPheta
Goldmember
1,060 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 26, 2010 21:53 |  #4

http://creativelive.co​m/courses/vince_lafore​t/ (external link)

I was curious to see what the post was about and google brought this up.

- my vimeo - (external link)

Wheatie
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 27, 2010 04:04 |  #5

I bought these some time back, shortly before he did the actual course. I think is was about $70 or so before the course. At the time, I intended them for my kid, since he's very interested in this topic. I've been watching them lately, and have found them pretty useful. I've probably watched half of them.

They're not exactly the most thrilling production. Its mostly just Vincent Laforet talking in front of the camera. It looks like its in a basement from the 70's. The setup is straight out of Wayne's World. There are a handful of students on couches listening, and participating a little.

He talks about each topic and demonstrates various pieces of gear. He talks about his thoughts about different pieces of gear and what you might use if you're on a tight budget, if money's no object (which apparently its not for him) or somewhere in between. He's a big fan of Canon cameras, and has some relationship with Canon. I saw him at the Canon booth at NAB back this spring. So, there is a focus on what works well for Canon cameras.

As you can tell from the titles it covers much more than just video. That's really what I found to be helpful.

I'm no expert on either photography or video. I know a bit about both topics, though. I've found the parts I've watched so far pretty informative. I'm sure this is pretty basic stuff, and if you have some experience in shooting video and putting it together into a finished production this is probably stuff you already know. No doubt you could get the same info by reading a few books, and I generally prefer reading books to watching videos. But seeing the gear demonstrated is pretty helpful. Overall, I don't regret spending the $70.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

880 views & 0 likes for this thread
Vincent Laforet - Creative Live
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.