Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 07 Nov 2010 (Sunday) 23:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

looking for some feedback

bedojo
Goldmember
1,301 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Nov 07, 2010 23:16 |  #1

deleted-

follow me 500px (external link) || Facebook Page (external link) || Flickr (external link) || Website & Blog (external link) ||Feedback: 1 2
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro 1 || 18mm f2.0 || 35mm f1.4 || 60mm f2.4 || AB800 || YN560 || Gordy Wrist Strap || Billingham Hadley Pro ||

sponsored links
joedlh
Cream of the Crop
5,466 posts
Gallery: 51 photos
Joined Dec 2007
Location: Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.

Nov 08, 2010 09:44 |  #2

I like #1 best of all. It's an attractive woman in a pleasing setting. You might want to clone out the white circle in the background crowd.

As for the others, I don't care for the angle of #2. High jinks shots (#3) generally appeal to the subject and those who know her.

This is a personal observation: car shots strike me as "here's my car." They are of interest to the photographer but to absolutely nobody else. They're worse than the stereotypical "here's my kid" or "here's my pet" shot because sometimes the kids or pets are cute. A car is just a car. In any case, you would present it better without the busy background.

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​t (external link)
Editing ok

Spike44
Goldmember
2,155 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 08, 2010 11:20 |  #3

I think you did well. You have a good eye and a good model.
I agree #1 is really good but agree the white spot is distracting and be careful not to crop out too much on the top.
#2 - some overexposure and the green is a bit too much....tone down the BG saturation.
#3 - too much crop (the elbow) and again the blue saturation is overpowering.
#4 - Actually this angle is the best but again there is too much cropping. Might be better to do this black and white or use a mask to blur the background. The exposure is quite good.
Personally, I find copyright/signatures unnecessary and overused esp in low res snapshots.

bedojo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,301 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Nov 08, 2010 12:17 |  #4

thank you! signature was messing with it in light room, but these are full res on flickr :P.

I agree 1 is the best.
about 1 are you talking about the white in the trees, or the people on the sidewalk? or both :D?

number 3 had no crop at all :( just me being stupid :P its SOOC, except for white balance, and desaturated the orange/red the building behind her was horribly bright, and of course a few skin touch ups..

Thanks guys! C&C helps makes people better :D

follow me 500px (external link) || Facebook Page (external link) || Flickr (external link) || Website & Blog (external link) ||Feedback: 1 2
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro 1 || 18mm f2.0 || 35mm f1.4 || 60mm f2.4 || AB800 || YN560 || Gordy Wrist Strap || Billingham Hadley Pro ||

LettieVonDread
331 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 08, 2010 15:06 |  #5

In the first photo the background is brighter than she is. It distracts from your subject, I'm looking more at the leaves than I am at your model. Maybe wash the background colors out a little and/or brighten up your model?
Two strains my eyes but I can't pinpoint why, possibly the green. But overall I like it.
Three is too bright and harsh, seems a little out of focus. I would get rid of the glare on her nose.
Number four, I would try and get rid of that other white car in the background and blur the rest of the background just a tad. I probably wouldn't have cropped it so close.

joedlh
Cream of the Crop
5,466 posts
Gallery: 51 photos
Joined Dec 2007
Location: Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.

Nov 09, 2010 09:39 |  #6

bedojo wrote in post #11247093 (external link)
about 1 are you talking about the white in the trees, or the people on the sidewalk? or both :D?

People on the sidewalk.

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​t (external link)
Editing ok

dmnelson
Goldmember
1,286 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Nov 09, 2010 21:19 |  #7

I also like the first one best. I wouldn't mind seeing a re-take of the second shot, but with portrait orientation instead of landscape, and a more moderate angle... like 45 degrees down instead of almost straight down.

Gear | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,032 views & 0 likes for this thread
looking for some feedback
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.