Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 15 Nov 2010 (Monday) 02:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Shambhala Music Festival, Salmo BC, Canada

NovusPhoto
363 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 15, 2010 02:10 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

A couple days ago, out of boredom and curiousity about how to use Sony Vegas Pro 10, I decided to make a short film with the clips I shot at an annual music festival, for which I'm a photographer for one of the stages, and the festival as well.

Here's my first go at doing a serious movie, editing, and setting it to music, start to finish. I really hope you enjoy it - feedback would be appreciated! The Video features all sorts of Dubstep DJ's, including Subvert, Excision, and Bassnectar.

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=I6xShFeQItM&h​d=1 (external link)

"Shambhala is a yearly electronic music (external link) festival held in the West Kootenay Mountain range of British Columbia (external link), Canada (external link) during the second week of August at the Salmo River Ranch. The festival lasts five days and four nights and offers a mix of music and art in the middle of nature. It "is the crucible of artistry and musical mayhem. [It] is the zenith of modern underground entertainment."

The festival began in 1998 and has grown to become the largest and one of the longest running electronic music event in Canada, featuring DJs and performers from around the globe. It has six uniquely themed stages which consist of The Living Room, The Rock Pit (formerly the Jungle Pit), The Fractal Forest, The Village, The Labyrinth (formerly The Portal, The Inna Sancdom), and The Pagoda (formerly Main Stage), and is held on the Salmo River Ranch, a 500-acre (2.0 km2) cattle ranch in the mountains outside of Nelson (external link). Since the beginning, it has been a family-run event and has never accepted any corporate sponsorship with advertising being done through word-of-mouth. In the summer months, the ranch becomes home to volunteers & event staff who contribute to repairing and adding on to the many permanent structures on site.

In Spring 2008 with the launch of the '08 website, it was announced that two of the stages would be undergoing transformation. The former Portal stage, under new stage management has become The Labyrinth and Main Stage has adopted an Oriental theme with its new name, The Pagoda.
The Summer of 2008 marked the release of the Shambhala Music Festival DVD, showing 10 years of the festival. The documentary, directed by filmmaker Malcolm Levy (external link), looks at Shambhala's history, and "follows different characters through a year in the life of Shambhala from the perspective of DJ’s, people in charge, first aid attendants and others."

http://www.novusphotog​raphy.ca (external link)

Kentaro
422 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Nov 16, 2010 09:11 |  #2

I got to see Excision live. Definitely nuts. Sad I missed Bassnectar on halloween :/

Video reminds me of the Life in a Day project by DJVibe tv

[6D X (17-40 // 50 // 35 // 70-200)]

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,115 views & 0 likes for this thread
Shambhala Music Festival, Salmo BC, Canada
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.