Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 21 Nov 2010 (Sunday) 20:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Great Family, AWESOME kid!!

Evil_Edge
314 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Nov 21, 2010 20:32 |  #1

Here's a few pics from a shoot I did today, this kid was a ham!!!!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 503 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

This picture is the reason i love doing this, cracks me up LOL
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Redirected to error image by ZENFOLIO PROTECTED

Gear List

FELINEDEBOURGES
591 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 21, 2010 21:50 |  #2

Technically these are really good. But the first three all could have better direction for the clients. The dad should be laughing or at least smiling in #1. #2 The kid's legs are sticking out awkwardly, I would have sat him actually on her lap and angled in the opposite direction he is now. Also her hair is a mass covering her arm and looks odd. I love that chair though - I'm always keeping my eye out for a great piece like that. #3 her arm is hanging there doing nothing which makes her look uncomfortable because she didn't know what to do with it and makes her seem a little disconnected from her son and husband.

sarahashleyphotography​.com (external link)

suecassidy
Goldmember
4,102 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 22, 2010 09:51 |  #3

Feline hit all the main points, right on the head. I found the dangling arm in that last shot to be especially distracting. If you had directed her to put that hand on her husband's arm it would have accomplished two things: It would show that family "connection" to have her touching him in that way, and it would be much more flattering angle for that long, white ARM that hangs down. (This is also why photographers recommend LONG SLEEVES for photos, BTW). A good rule of thumb when it comes to posing people is this: If it bends, bend it. That refers to all bone joints etc. That means that fingers should be gently curved if they are a prominent part of a close up. Elbows don't remain straight out, you bend the arm in some way, by putting hands or thumbs in the jeans pocket, whatever it takes. Start from the neck down, with a slight head tilt perhaps, then shoulders angled, elbows bent, fingers, hips slightly angled away from the camera. If it bends, bend it.

Sue Cassidy
GEAR: Canon 1ds, Canon 1d Mark iii, Sony RX 100, Canon 50mmL 1.2, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 100-400L IS, Canon 14mm L, 2.8, . Lighting: Elinchrom Rangers, D-lite 400s, Canon 580/550 flashes. 74 ' Octabank, 27' Rotalux. Editing: Aperture 3

Evil_Edge
THREAD ­ STARTER
314 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Nov 22, 2010 12:17 |  #4

Thanks so much for the feedback, it means A LOT. I try to take all of the critique I get and use it in my next shooots. Again, thanks! Oh, the chair.....keep an eye out on kijiji, we got that chair and a matching couch for only $50.00. We use it in our living room, but decided it would be greaty for photoshoots as well.

Gear List

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,260 views & 0 likes for this thread
Great Family, AWESOME kid!!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.