Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 23 Nov 2010 (Tuesday) 20:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My wife and new baby

petriej
83 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Nov 23, 2010 20:18 |  #1

Hey all, I've been busy and it's been a while. Just bought a 43" Westcott umbrella and stand, so this is my first attempt with off-camera flash.

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4108/5202622525_f42e6f5389.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/43034608@N03/5​202622525/  (external link)
201011230028 (external link) by petriej98 (external link), on Flickr

All C&C appreciated.

Thank you...

Canon 5DMK4 | Canon EOS Rebel T1i | Canon ELF SD1000 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 II | Canon EF 50mm 1:4 | Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS | Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS | 580EXII | Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 | Manfrotto 488RC4 | PW MiniTT1 | PW FlexTT5 | Black Rapid Sport

sponsored links
petriej
THREAD ­ STARTER
83 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Nov 23, 2010 20:22 |  #2

Link fixed.

Canon 5DMK4 | Canon EOS Rebel T1i | Canon ELF SD1000 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 II | Canon EF 50mm 1:4 | Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS | Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS | 580EXII | Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 | Manfrotto 488RC4 | PW MiniTT1 | PW FlexTT5 | Black Rapid Sport

suecassidy
Goldmember
4,102 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 23, 2010 21:24 |  #3

You have two beautiful girls! Congrats! Would love to have seen this pic with the baby naked. You could do the same pose with Mom bringing the baby's legs up to hide her Girly Bits. I just find the white outfit with the cars on it to be ??????? a bad clothing choice maybe? Even a plain white onesy would suit the set up a bit better, in my opinion. I found myself standing on my head on my desk trying to see it better because I'm an idiot, fyi. Again, congrats on the two gorgeous women in your life! Looking forward to seeing more of your yummy baby girl in the future.

Sue Cassidy
GEAR: Canon 1ds, Canon 1d Mark iii, Sony RX 100, Canon 50mmL 1.2, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 100-400L IS, Canon 14mm L, 2.8, . Lighting: Elinchrom Rangers, D-lite 400s, Canon 580/550 flashes. 74 ' Octabank, 27' Rotalux. Editing: Aperture 3

Athena
Must stop thinking
9,581 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 24, 2010 00:55 |  #4

I agree with everything Sue said. The beauty, the clothes and the angle. I didn't get on my head (I'm not as agile as Sue) though, just turned my head totally sideways and laid it on the desk. ;) :)

www.athenacarey.com

migphotos
22 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 24, 2010 03:55 |  #5

I agree.........that angle just doesn't work. I hope you expermimented with different angles. Congrats and keep at it. I assure you even if they aren't pulitzer prize worthy.....you and your family will cherish them for years......

petriej
THREAD ­ STARTER
83 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Nov 24, 2010 10:18 |  #6

suecassidy wrote in post #11336656 (external link)
You have two beautiful girls! Congrats! Would love to have seen this pic with the baby naked. You could do the same pose with Mom bringing the baby's legs up to hide her Girly Bits. I just find the white outfit with the cars on it to be ??????? a bad clothing choice maybe? Even a plain white onesy would suit the set up a bit better, in my opinion. I found myself standing on my head on my desk trying to see it better because I'm an idiot, fyi. Again, congrats on the two gorgeous women in your life! Looking forward to seeing more of your yummy baby girl in the future.

Athena wrote in post #11337407 (external link)
I agree with everything Sue said. The beauty, the clothes and the angle. I didn't get on my head (I'm not as agile as Sue) though, just turned my head totally sideways and laid it on the desk. ;) :)

migphotos wrote in post #11337750 (external link)
I agree.........that angle just doesn't work. I hope you expermimented with different angles. Congrats and keep at it. I assure you even if they aren't pulitzer prize worthy.....you and your family will cherish them for years......

Thank you all for the comments, and the naked pose would be excellent. Can you give me some direction on a better angle?

Athena
Must stop thinking
9,581 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 24, 2010 13:33 |  #7

Try laying on the floor parallel to them or at least have them both looking up at you. ;)

www.athenacarey.com

suecassidy
Goldmember
4,102 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 24, 2010 16:59 |  #8

I'm standing upright again, and thought I'd add something else. You might have removed The Mama's watch, AND the hair elastic from her wrist. If it doesn't add to the photo, it shouldn't be there, competing for attention visually. Hair elastics are the bane of my photographic existence as long haired women (especially teenagers) always have them on their wrists and I"m always having to ask them to remove them. Just a detail, but as you get more comfortable shooting and the technical stuff becomes more second nature, you will be able to attend more to the detail stuff. Keep shooting and definitely keep posting.

Sue Cassidy
GEAR: Canon 1ds, Canon 1d Mark iii, Sony RX 100, Canon 50mmL 1.2, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 100-400L IS, Canon 14mm L, 2.8, . Lighting: Elinchrom Rangers, D-lite 400s, Canon 580/550 flashes. 74 ' Octabank, 27' Rotalux. Editing: Aperture 3

sponsored links

1,986 views & 0 likes for this thread
My wife and new baby
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.