Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 25 Feb 2006 (Saturday) 07:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Another Arizona POTN get together (4)?

BrianAZ
Goldmember
1,550 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 10, 2011 22:45 |  #1816

I've bought several rolls from Tempe camera.

Website (external link)
My Blog (external link)
facebook (external link)
Gear List

sponsored links
FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 10, 2011 22:57 |  #1817

Saw Ryan at the Zoo today! :D

IMAGE: http://crosswindimages.com/img/s3/v24/p1028944433.jpg
(Oh, and this isn't Ryan...)

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

AZAlphaDog
Goldmember
1,750 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Apr 11, 2011 00:40 |  #1818

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #12197733 (external link)
Saw Ryan at the Zoo today! :D

(Oh, and this isn't Ryan...)

Oh man, I was gonna say that I think Ryan is in need of a hair cut . . .

DOUG JAMES | PHOTO PRODUCTIONS (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link)

TauntDevil
Goldmember
1,271 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Apr 11, 2011 08:35 |  #1819

Has anyone ever heard of Hello Magazine (external link)?

I got an email from them asking me to shoot for them.
Just curious on if hello magazine is something real or fake.

Canon 7D Mk2, Sony A7iii, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS mk1, Sigma 17-55mm f2.8, Tamron 28-75iii, a few flashes and many modifiers
SmugMug (external link)

disneydork06
Cream of the Crop
7,313 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 11, 2011 09:30 |  #1820

Dean, did you use a card reader or just connect your camera straight to the ipad? I've been wanting to know if some people were able to use a card reader to connect to the ipad...my camera has usb 1.0 so I know I'll be waiting awhile to empty off a card...

Jay...nice shot. still only shooting them from the overlook and not inside?

Jason, are the specifically asking you to do something for them or is it just something more general?

Ryan
~AZ POTN Planned Activities (external link)
let me know how I can improve, cause we all know I need it :): Flickr (external link)
myspace (external link) facebook (external link) The Greatest online forum known on Earthtwitter (external link)[URL="http://www.500px​.com/RDimal"]500xp follow me! in something^ you know you want to

itsmejson
Goldmember
1,201 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Apr 11, 2011 11:30 |  #1821

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #12197666 (external link)
Savage Paper Dealers in AZ (external link)

The ironic thing? Savage is an AZ company and won't sell direct! :(

lol thats funny. obviously they want to get you on the "shipping & handling" haha

BrianAZ wrote in post #12197680 (external link)
I've bought several rolls from Tempe camera.

nice i'll give them a call.

what is an adequate size seamless? is it 9'?
just found someone on craigslist selling 2x 9' rolls white and gray for $40 is that a good deal for seamless?

disneydork06 wrote in post #12199545 (external link)
Jason, are the specifically asking you to do something for them or is it just something more general?

hey ryan, its just more for general use nothing specific.

- 5DmarkII | EF 24-70L F2.8 | EF 70-200L F4 | 580EX II | Gitzo 1541T w/ Photoclam Pro-34NS -
- TT Streetwalker Pro | Domke F-5XC -
Flickr (external link)

jbdavies
Cream of the Crop
5,738 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 11, 2011 11:49 |  #1822

You guys talk too much. :p

I've been super board lately, and don't feel like going out to shoot cause we keep getting damn snow!! So... edited an old photo.

I'm liking this edit better than the old one. Thoughts?

New.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

Old.
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

-Jeremy-
UPDATED!! www.sur-realphotography.com (external link) UPDATED!!
Facebook Profile (external link) | Facebook Page (external link)
Google+ (external link)

sundevilstormin
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Gallery: 57 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Apr 11, 2011 12:39 |  #1823

Dean Rachwitz wrote in post #12195339 (external link)
Hmmm, not that I want to be the center of attention or anything, 'cause I do still think of myself as one of the FNGs around here, but it seem like whenever I bring up the money aspect of things I just get dead silence back. Am I violating some unwritten rule or something?

I know that my business model does not fit with what most 'pro photographers' are looking to do, but I assure you it is quite inline with the well established market for this type of business across the country for motorsports event photography.

Personally I'd much rather be making a living at this like guys like Mark Rieblas (external link), and I think I have the potential for that, but it isn't in the cards at the moment.

Anyhow, would appreciate some feedback if I am out of line or committing some sort of faux pas.

But if nobody's really interested, then I suppose that's just fine too. :)

Dean - I thinks it's always nice when soneone 'opens their books' a bit for the rest of us to peek at. I live in far SE Valley and have watched the EV bike track on Ironwood add more and more to thrie site. They now have a round track for derbies and striaght track for dirt / mud drags in addition to the moto-cross track(s). I have been wanting to get over there to shoot some high-fliers on the jumps.

Someone mentioned that prints sales will compete with the fule, tires budget, but when I see a big event that track draws riders with LOTS of cash... bling'ed out 5th-wheel toy haulers, RV's with awnings and TV's...

there IS some cash out in them thar' hills... now just to go mine it a bit.
(shoot some well-lit shots of rider in the air and project them onto BIG white backdrop for all to see)

BeyondTheNormPhoto (external link)
Zenit 35mm film, Fuji GAZ645, Fuji XT1, Fuji XT3, 10-24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55, 50-200, various OCF units

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 11, 2011 13:12 as a reply to  @ sundevilstormin's post |  #1824

@ Ryan: That was from inside...

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

disneydork06
Cream of the Crop
7,313 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 11, 2011 17:12 |  #1825

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #12200886 (external link)
@ Ryan: That was from inside...

cool, never seen you inside there yet :-) only from the overlook. I really love the detail of the photo. was looking at the fingers to see if i can tell which squirrel monkey that is and i can definitely see some interesting nails on that hand

Ryan
~AZ POTN Planned Activities (external link)
let me know how I can improve, cause we all know I need it :): Flickr (external link)
myspace (external link) facebook (external link) The Greatest online forum known on Earthtwitter (external link)[URL="http://www.500px​.com/RDimal"]500xp follow me! in something^ you know you want to

matrix311
529 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Apr 11, 2011 20:23 |  #1826

sundevilstormin wrote in post #12174723 (external link)
good analysis Hatch... is there any way to make money in this biz!? :lol:

got my Chinese Cokin-P knock-off "Chokin" filter pack, 3NDs and some Grads. Went to Brown and Idaho to see how sunset would develop - got rained out.

anyhow. Took the baseline shot at low ISO, highF, like 1.3 sec
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …ndevilstormin/5​597538492/  (external link)

then stacked the 1,2 and 8 filters at once, got bad magenta color cast but used Custom WB function to all but eliminate it. Got this:
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …ndevilstormin/5​596957537/  (external link)

and boy did I learn that the filters must be spotless clean or else the high F-stop shots pick up every speck! Lot of Smart cloning

I need some filters badly. Which set did you get and where did you buy them from? Ebay? Do you have a link to the set you bought and would you recommend them for the minimal price you paid vs expensive filters? I'm buying another house right now and all my funds are tied up in down payment so i could use some cheap stuff for the time being.

Eric Schlaht - Phoenix Arizona Photographer
http://www.esimaging.n​et (external link) - http://esimaging.blogs​pot.com (external link) - http://www.facebook.co​m/esimaging (external link)
Canon 7D, 40D, 24-70mm f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/4 IS, 85mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.8, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Kenko Tubes, White Lightning X800's, 430EX, Yongnuo YN-468 and Cybersync's.

AZAlphaDog
Goldmember
1,750 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Apr 11, 2011 20:50 as a reply to  @ disneydork06's post |  #1827

OK race fans, here is something to get you stoked for this weekend's Lucas Oil Off Road races in Suprise

http://www.vimeo.com/4​582471 (external link)

and something for the time-lapse fans, a little longer but well worth the time to view at full screen:

http://www.vimeo.com/2​1864555 (external link)

DOUG JAMES | PHOTO PRODUCTIONS (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link)

cdahl
100 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Apr 12, 2011 13:59 |  #1828

TauntDevil wrote in post #12199254 (external link)
Has anyone ever heard of Hello Magazine (external link)?

I got an email from them asking me to shoot for them.
Just curious on if hello magazine is something real or fake.

It's legit celebrity magazine, but not as well known in the States as say, US magazine or Life & Style. I believe they're based in the UK.

Carrie
Canon 60D|Canon 24-105mm F4|Canon 55-250mm|Canon 100mm F2|Sigma 30mm F1.4|Canon 50mm F1.8 STM
https://www.instagram.​com/cadahl25/ (external link)

TauntDevil
Goldmember
1,271 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Apr 12, 2011 14:49 |  #1829

cdahl wrote in post #12208011 (external link)
It's legit celebrity magazine, but not as well known in the States as say, US magazine or Life & Style. I believe they're based in the UK.

Awesome.
I got an email from them asking me to do a shoot for 2 hours a day for 3 days and i didnt know if it was a scam or not. I replied and am now waiting to hear back (hoping now).

Thank you for the answer.

Just bought two alienbees b800's. Was going to buy two b1600 but was told it was best for the b800 since b1600 is too bright for my use.

Looking for softboxes now. :)

Canon 7D Mk2, Sony A7iii, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS mk1, Sigma 17-55mm f2.8, Tamron 28-75iii, a few flashes and many modifiers
SmugMug (external link)

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2005

Apr 13, 2011 16:23 |  #1830

This is weird... anyone want to go and photograph a bird with her egg?

http://phoenix.craigsl​ist.org/wvl/bab/232303​1399.html (external link)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin
Kristy :D 5D MkIII, 24-70 / f2.8 L, 2 AB800's, and some modifiers.
My Website Page (external link)
My Flickr Page (external link)

sponsored links

794,736 views & 393 likes for this thread
Another Arizona POTN get together (4)?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.