Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 25 Feb 2006 (Saturday) 07:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Another Arizona POTN get together (4)?

Michael ­ O
748 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Dec 02, 2010 12:37 |  #46

LisaJH wrote in post #11382383 (external link)
Just peeking in here...I'm off in Kingman so probably not near many of you but I wanted to say hi! I'm Lisa, mom to 8, and very part time photographer. My website is in my signature. I'd love to attend a get together if you guys do those.

Welcome to the best AZ threat anywhere! Great people here.
Wonderful blog and web site, love your work.

"I hate good taste. It's the worst thing that can happen to a creative person". Helmut Newton
My Feedback
Michael O Photograpy (external link)https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1036469

sponsored links
ToferPhotography
Goldmember
1,124 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Dec 02, 2010 12:48 |  #47

Michael O wrote in post #11383027 (external link)
Welcome to the best AZ threat anywhere! Great people here.
Wonderful blog and web site, love your work.

We may be a threat to others, but not in this thread :)

Chris... Aka.."Tofer" ~ Canon EOS 7D 18-135 3.5IS / GoPro Hero 4 / Canon 50mm 1.8F / Rebel XT (350D) ~ Tamron 17-35mm SP AF 2.8 ~ Sigma 28-300 F3.5-6.3 DG Macro // Canon 75-300 zoom // Canon 430ex // - (Samsung Note4) - Lowepro Slingpack ==> :cool: Facebook (external link)

Michael ­ O
748 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Dec 02, 2010 12:51 |  #48

ToferPhotography wrote in post #11383081 (external link)
We may be a threat to others, but not in this thread :)

So you caught me. :) No wonder I didn't post in a while...with my spelling...:)

"I hate good taste. It's the worst thing that can happen to a creative person". Helmut Newton
My Feedback
Michael O Photograpy (external link)https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1036469

cdahl
100 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Dec 02, 2010 12:54 |  #49

@ Hatch: Thank you for your reply. I know I'm the one putting the pressure on myself. With more shooting, hopefully, skill and confidence will come.

@Tofer: I am going to work on getting that cab out tonight.

I showed them the photo this morning and they're happy with it. I'm not... but, you've got start somewhere!

Carrie
Canon 60D|Canon 24-105mm F4|Canon 55-250mm|Canon 100mm F2|Sigma 30mm F1.4|Canon 50mm F1.8 STM
https://www.instagram.​com/cadahl25/ (external link)

azboricua
Goldmember
1,192 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Dec 02, 2010 14:32 as a reply to  @ cdahl's post |  #50

Dammit, I spent too much money today, lol. Went on a Amazon and monoprice.com shopping spree. :o

Christian
Flickr (external link)
FEEDBACK LINKS

LisaJH
Goldmember
1,887 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Dec 02, 2010 14:40 |  #51

Hatch1921 wrote in post #11382778 (external link)
Okay... just commented on your recent client session....

Your work is FANTASTIC! Love your site/blog as well. Great have someone with your talents on this thread.

Keep up the great work.
Hatch

Thank you so much Hatch! I checked out your site as well and you do amazing work!

~Mom of 11 and Professional Photographer~
5DIV | 5DIII | 5DII | 40D | 400L | 200L | 70-200L II | 85L | 50 1.0L | 50 1.2L | Sigma 50mm Art Lens | 16-35L II | TS-E 90 | 100 Macro | Random Lensbaby & OCF Gear
Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Hatch1921
Cream of the Crop
7,466 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Dec 02, 2010 15:19 |  #52

LisaJH wrote in post #11383714 (external link)
Thank you so much Hatch! I checked out your site as well and you do amazing work!

Many thanks Lisa. Kristy and I have a lot of fun working together.. we get lucky and capture a few nice shots on occasion. :)

Okay....

Here's the deal....

Shot this family of 11... had a "Brady Bunch" idea going on(no not original..but I hardly shoot large groups) so.. I had them point in different directions and make goofy faces to change things up. I can put standard portraits just like the Brady Bunch in there... but.. I thought this was fun... and somewhat funny.

Now.. I'm struggling to put something funny in the text block. They are a fun bunch... pun intended... and I think this might go over well. Jokes should not have to be explained to be funny...

Does it come across as funny or dumb... not going to hurt my feelings...

I look at the image and since it was Thanksgiving... they are all pointing at each other playing the blame game... and then there is G-ma in the corner raising her hand...

Thoughts?
Hatch

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Just for fun (external link) by hatch1921 (external link), on Flickr

MAIN SITE (external link)
Great site to buy gear through and save some money. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Greentoe.com (external link)

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 02, 2010 15:23 |  #53

Just peeking in here...I'm off in Kingman so probably not near many of you but I wanted to say hi! I'm Lisa, mom to 8, and very part time photographer. My website is in my signature. I'd love to attend a get together if you guys do those.

Hi Lisa and Welcome to our merry band here on POTN...

Just wanted to echo Hatch's sentiments. The series you did with your daughter (?) at the Ghost Town is fabulous.

Glad you decided to track us down!

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Hatch1921
Cream of the Crop
7,466 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Dec 02, 2010 15:49 |  #54

The silence is deafening :)

Made a swap... think this looks better...

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5125/5226912507_8dfff907b8_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/hatch1921/52269​12507/  (external link)
Just for fun 2 (external link) by hatch1921 (external link), on Flickr

Thoughts?

MAIN SITE (external link)
Great site to buy gear through and save some money. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Greentoe.com (external link)

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 02, 2010 15:57 |  #55

Better I think... Funny Idea!

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

scottcolbath
740 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 02, 2010 16:03 |  #56

I'm closer than most, being in Wickenburg, and I've been known to make a run to Kingman for some good BBQ at Redneck's on a whim. Maybe next time I'm heading up that way, I'll ping you in advance and drag along the camera gear. I've been itching to shoot along the old route 66 on the way to Oatman. I've never been out that way. Also, I want to run 66 from Kingman out to Peach Springs and Seligman some time.

BTW, your photography is excellent.

S.C.

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Dec 02, 2010 16:06 |  #57

Geez the thread is moving fast.... :)

Hi Lisa! I remember looking at your work a year or so ago.. Nothing short of amazing is all I can say... you do such an amazing job of capturing the emotion through your lens.. :) I couldn't figure out how you do it with 8 kiddos running around.. maybe I saw you on ILP? not sure.. anyway, nice to have some extra estrogen in this thread.. :) Woo Hoo!

Hatch that is pretty funny.. I like #2 for some reason.. it has more "punch"....

Welcome Carrie too! :) Hang around a while, there's lots to learn around this place if you can devote the time to doing it.... Your image wasn't as bad as you think.. always room for improvement, but it comes with time and practice.. :)

Happy Thursday everyone.. off and running again.. just wanted to pop in and say Hi. ;)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin
Kristy :D 5D MkIII, 24-70 / f2.8 L, 2 AB800's, and some modifiers.
My Website Page (external link)
My Flickr Page (external link)

azboricua
Goldmember
1,192 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Dec 02, 2010 16:38 as a reply to  @ Kristy's post |  #58

I like it hatch! I think the idea is cool. I would swap the two middle ones with each other, so that the female is not pointing at the letters but another person.

Christian
Flickr (external link)
FEEDBACK LINKS

LisaJH
Goldmember
1,887 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Dec 02, 2010 16:48 |  #59

Hatch, I love it! It's hilarious! I would totally love something like that of my 10 people strong family. :)

Jay, thank you so much! Nice to meet you. :)

Scott, that would be great! It's funny...we were just in Wickenburg a few weeks ago. That's where my friend and I shot the ghost town pics...at the Vulture City Mine. Amazing place! Definitely let me know if you're going to be in my area. :)

Kristy, hi, and thank you! I really enjoyed your website...you guys do fabulous work! I am on ILP (it's my photography 'home' for lack of a better word) so maybe that was it.

Well, my 9 year old son has a Christmas play tonight at school and unfortunately, my husband is working LATE (he's a UPS driver and this is a nasty time of the year for them) so I'm going to have to ditch my poor daughter with babysitting duties tonight.

~Mom of 11 and Professional Photographer~
5DIV | 5DIII | 5DII | 40D | 400L | 200L | 70-200L II | 85L | 50 1.0L | 50 1.2L | Sigma 50mm Art Lens | 16-35L II | TS-E 90 | 100 Macro | Random Lensbaby & OCF Gear
Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link)

scottcolbath
740 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 02, 2010 17:05 |  #60

LisaJH wrote in post #11384560 (external link)
Scott, that would be great! It's funny...we were just in Wickenburg a few weeks ago. That's where my friend and I shot the ghost town pics...at the Vulture City Mine. Amazing place!

I've lived in Wickenburg for five years now, and have yet to get out there. But I have made it out to the desert race right next door. :lol:

Definitely let me know if you're going to be in my area. :)

Will do.

S.C.

sponsored links

794,047 views & 393 likes for this thread
Another Arizona POTN get together (4)?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.