Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 10 Dec 2010 (Friday) 04:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

PS CS5 at Target.com

Jeff ­ Smith
102 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 10, 2010 04:08 |  #1

I'm going to purchase CS5 and found it at Target.com for $489 for Mac version and I'm wondering why the Mac version is $110 less than Windows version found everywhere else? Am I missing something here?

Jeff
Canon 7D gripped | 70-200 2.8L IS | 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM | EFS 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM | 50mm 1.8 II | EFS 17-85 4-5.6 IS USM | EF 70-300 4-5.6 IS USM | Speedlite 580EX

sponsored links
chauncey
Cream of the Crop
9,696 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Dec 10, 2010 07:23 |  #2

Wile I laud your desire to buy CS5, I question your desire to buy it at a retail outlet. Buy it from a legitimate on-line outlet...or, if you qualify a student version.

The things you do for yourself die with you, the things you do for others live forever.
A man's worth should be judged, not when he basks in the sun, but how he faces the storm.

My stuff...http://1x.com/member/c​hauncey43 (external link)

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,855 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 10, 2010 08:59 |  #3

Jeff Smith wrote in post #11427122 (external link)
I'm going to purchase CS5 and found it at Target.com for $489 for Mac version and I'm wondering why the Mac version is $110 less than Windows version found everywhere else? Am I missing something here?

Not sure why the difference. It may be a upgrade price from Elements or something. I'd make sure.

chauncey wrote in post #11427527 (external link)
Wile I laud your desire to buy CS5, I question your desire to buy it at a retail outlet. Buy it from a legitimate on-line outlet...or, if you qualify a student version.

Target is a pretty well known chain of department stores, at least around my part of the country, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

tom1s
Goldmember
1,919 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Dec 10, 2010 09:21 as a reply to  @ D Thompson's post |  #4

I'm not sure you can find a more "legitimate on-line outlet" than Target.

- I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.

Mossman6
952 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Dec 10, 2010 09:38 |  #5

They probably got it into their inventory somehow and just want to move it at a discounted rate. I wouldn't worry about buying from Target.

My name is Josh. I love FB likes.
Facebook (external link)

Addicted2EOS
Goldmember
1,774 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 10, 2010 12:15 |  #6

I just looked at the lsiting on Target.com. It appears to be a full edition (not upgrade) and there is no reference to it being a student edition. I would not think twice about shopping at Target/Taget.com. They are a large national retailer.

Canon 40D and more lenses than my wife knows about...

Jeff ­ Smith
THREAD ­ STARTER
102 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 10, 2010 12:57 |  #7

I'm not afraid to buy from Target/Target.com after all they are one of the biggest retailers in the U.S. probably on second to WalMart. I'm assuming Mossman6 is right about them having it in their inventory and needing to move it out since it's not their typical software product because of the high price point and how many Photoshop users would think of buying it at Target. I was just wanting to make sure I wasn't missing something in the description that would end up with this not being a full version or something.

Jeff
Canon 7D gripped | 70-200 2.8L IS | 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM | EFS 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM | 50mm 1.8 II | EFS 17-85 4-5.6 IS USM | EF 70-300 4-5.6 IS USM | Speedlite 580EX

tnguyen600
Goldmember
1,478 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Dec 10, 2010 22:30 |  #8

smells fishy... Better check out www.resellerratings.co​m (external link) just to be sure.

Gear List
www.tvnphotography.com

thaking
Goldmember
1,358 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 10, 2010 23:02 |  #9

what sounds fishy, target?! target is HUGE...ever heard of the Target Center where the Minnesota Timberwolves play basketball? it's *that* Target...

mickeyjuice
Cream of the Crop
7,876 posts
Joined May 2003

Dec 11, 2010 03:02 |  #10
bannedPermanent ban

chauncey wrote in post #11427527 (external link)

How bizarre...

thaking wrote in post #11431812 (external link)
what sounds fishy, target?! target is HUGE...ever heard of the Target Center where the Minnesota Timberwolves play basketball? it's *that* Target...

Well ... ummm ... yeah.

cheers, juice (Canon shooter, Elinchrom lighter, but pretty much agnostic on brands.)

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 11, 2010 03:03 |  #11

worst case you go return it in store if it arrives and it is not the right version.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
60D | ELPH 330 | iPhone 5s

thaking
Goldmember
1,358 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 11, 2010 08:26 |  #12

mickeyjuice wrote in post #11432399 (external link)
Well ... ummm ... yeah.

well....ummm....nothin​g fishy about it then...it's Target, not one of those NYC "retailers" who do the bait-n-switch...

Addicted2EOS
Goldmember
1,774 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 11, 2010 08:28 |  #13

It's TARGET. According to their filing they have a 47 BILLION dollar market cap, 66 billion in sales last year, 975 million in cash on hand, and 1740 stores in 49 states. I can't believe people are questioning their safety.

Canon 40D and more lenses than my wife knows about...

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 11, 2010 08:36 |  #14

D Thompson wrote in post #11427880 (external link)
Target is a pretty well known chain of department stores, at least around my part of the country, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

Target is a $41.7 billion publicly owned corporation with 1,740 stores in 49 states and DC. Someone would have to be living in a cave since before 1902 if they've never heard of this retailer. :D

stevetran23
184 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 11, 2010 12:44 |  #15

tnguyen600 wrote in post #11431688 (external link)
smells fishy... Better check out www.resellerratings.co​m (external link) just to be sure.

:rolleyes: Smells fishy? Do you not have a Target in your town? Like others have said, Target is a HUGE national retailer.

FLICKr (external link)

sponsored links

2,823 views & 0 likes for this thread
PS CS5 at Target.com
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.