Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 27 Dec 2010 (Monday) 00:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1st few pics with my T2i

iamchanel
82 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 27, 2010 00:33 |  #1

Just got a new T2i! No previous extensive experience in photography but I'm studying my tail off. Can anyone critique these few? They are pretty basic....no "wow" scenes.

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5247/5295425335_1e5525e59c_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5001/5284256686_e005c2b494_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5202/5284229574_625209fba9_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5127/5295450373_0bcffd9353_b.jpg

My Blog :-) (external link)
Let's Be Friends :) (external link)

sponsored links
mrbubbles
Goldmember
1,090 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 27, 2010 07:07 |  #2

Hey there. How are you liking the T2i? Its a great camera. I just got my first DSLR a couple months ago(T1i) and I love it. As I am still a noob I am just going to comment on one of them. The last one is my favorite. I like the composition and the background. It would have been even better if it was in focus though. If there was some EXIF data attatched I could give you some advice. What were the settings for the last one?

Gear List
Zenfolio (external link)
Flickr (external link)

iamchanel
THREAD ­ STARTER
82 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 27, 2010 08:31 as a reply to  @ mrbubbles's post |  #3

the last photo.......iso: 3200, shutter speed:1/60 sec, aperture:1.8, focal length: 50mm

Perhaps I should have decreased the iso? or increased the shutter speed? My living room has the worst lighting in all of North America so it' really hard to shoot in there after daylight.

haha I know these are very beginner level photos.

snyderman
Cream of the Crop
7,084 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 27, 2010 09:50 |  #4

the cheeze stick pic is nailed. Nice job there! The Trolley pic looks like the camera picked up on the building as it's primary focus. Gotta watch that YOU choose the focus point and take that responsibility away from the camera.

dave

Canon 5D2 > 35L-85L-135L

RRocket
199 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Dec 27, 2010 15:10 |  #5

Main things are focus points and camera shake.

Gripped Canon Rebel T2i, Canon 50mm F1.8
flickr (external link)

stayhumble
Goldmember
1,328 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 27, 2010 17:23 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

i would shoot aperture 2.2 or smaller to get more depth of field which will get more of the boot in focus.

There are no rules for a good photograph and there are no excuses for a bad one.
SELLING:40D, 50D, 10-22, Tamron 17-50 non VC, 5D, 14MM II, 24-105, 70-200 f/4 IS, 430EX, 530EX (ALL MINT W/Box)

ni$mo350
Cream of the Crop
6,011 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Dec 27, 2010 17:41 |  #7

iamchanel wrote in post #11521224 (external link)
the last photo.......iso: 3200, shutter speed:1/60 sec, aperture:1.8, focal length: 50mm

Perhaps I should have decreased the iso? or increased the shutter speed? My living room has the worst lighting in all of North America so it' really hard to shoot in there after daylight.

haha I know these are very beginner level photos.

If you decrease the ISO, you dcrease the shutter speed to get proper exposure at the same aperture. If you're shooting at 3200 f/1.8 and are still at 1/60 then you were at the extremes of both your body and lens. You can only do so much with limited light ;)

-Chris-Website (external link)|| (external link)Facebook (external link)|| My Flickr (external link)|| Follow me!!! 500px (external link) || (external link) 5D mkii || 35L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS MKII || My bank account hates you all :cry:

cameronrinut
132 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 27, 2010 18:00 |  #8

I have a t2i as well and am loving it! I like 1, 3 , and 4 but you have a little camera shake in 4. make sure it's sitting firmly against something. That or it was just a tad out of focus. I also might have changed the f down a few more notches to get all of the ear muffs in focus but still kept the tree blurry. keep up the great work.

5D MKII-Gripped / T2i / 17-40f/4L / 28-300f/3.5-5L IS / 70-200f/4L / canon 2x II extender / Cheapo 600-1300 Telephoto+2x converter / carbon fiber kick A tripod / a partridge in a pear tree.
My Flickr (external link)

mikewinburn
Goldmember
1,609 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Dec 27, 2010 18:23 |  #9

while i'm certainly no expert, I think the best advice I would offer to anyone despite the camera he/she is using is be sure the picture conveys at least one main point. The viewer shouldn't really have to guess what it is, but let your use of light direct my eye to the subject... and then i can ponder its meaning.

eg: Picture 1 is soooo busy with information, and much of it similar contrast, so a clear story doesn't emerge for me.
Picture two, beautiful color! maybe a longer lens or shallower depth would have brought out single story. (eg: allow the bus to blur in panning motion, but make sure the gentleman in 2nd seat was tack sharp)
Pict 3: thats a scrumptous cheese stick you're tempting me with... fantastic shot (like poster above noted, maybe a little shallower depth would have enhanced, but its awesome)
Pic 4: the bokeh'd lights are brighter than the boots, so they drew my eye to them instead...so the pic has competing priorities.

Looks like you've got a great eye iamchanel! I'm looking forward to more of your posts!

Gear: The Official Gear List / Market Feedback / Sig thread #2468
flickr (external link)
WinburnCreations (external link)

iamchanel
THREAD ­ STARTER
82 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 27, 2010 22:22 as a reply to  @ mikewinburn's post |  #10

Thanks for all the wonderful responses. I'm working working working. Many of you all are so good and such an inspiration.

sponsored links

1,047 views & 0 likes for this thread
1st few pics with my T2i
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.