Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
Thread started 28 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 05:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Heart shaped egg

jejeje
479 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 28, 2010 05:24 |  #1

Yet again I've done an egg shot. This time to enter a contest held by a norwegian organization for the prevention of heart and lung disease. Any photo entered had to have a heart in it so I put together this shot.

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5050/5278376844_56bca8823a_z.jpg

The contest lasts until the end of the 31st of december, so if you want to give me some stars in the voting, feel free to visit this URL: http://****/e8RyXg (external link)

Thank you for watching.

Kristian
JEJE.JE (external link) - Flickr (external link)
And the gear here...

sponsored links
CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,342 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 28, 2010 08:48 |  #2

Looks a little under exposed. I'd like to take photos like this. I wonder if there are any chefs in my area that need photos of their dishes.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

tmcman
Goldmember
4,409 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 29, 2010 00:57 |  #3

Agree the egg white could be whiter.
Nevertheless it made me hungry.

Comments, Questions, Observations Welcome
Fuji X-T2, 18-55mm, Gitzo 1541 w/ Markins M10 ballhead.
"Art always shows itself by doing much with few and simple things." Arthur Wesley Dow

kevitivity
152 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007

Dec 29, 2010 05:36 |  #4

It's a nice shot, but a little under exposed. Are eggs considered heart health? Also, the chef in me thinks red zig-zag (ketchup?) could have been done with a bit more panache. I think you could have zoomed in a bit closer too.

All in all, well done.

Blog  (external link)| Flickr (external link)

jejeje
THREAD ­ STARTER
479 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 29, 2010 07:42 as a reply to  @ kevitivity's post |  #5

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I agree, it's abit under exposed.

I read somewhere that new research showed that the cholesterol in eggs aren't that bad for you after all. But then again, all in moderation of course. :-)

Kristian
JEJE.JE (external link) - Flickr (external link)
And the gear here...

kermit4u
913 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 29, 2010 14:06 |  #6

jejeje wrote in post #11533953 (external link)
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I agree, it's abit under exposed.

I read somewhere that new research showed that the cholesterol in eggs aren't that bad for you after all. But then again, all in moderation of course. :-)

i'm beginning to think any "real" food in moderation isn't bad for us. Milk, eggs, butter meat all good stuff as long as we don't over do it. the prepared foods are what are killing us.

anyhow. I agree underexposed but great concept

]6Dmkii.gripped|7Dmkii gripped|5DC gripped|7Dmkii gripped|Canonet QL17 Giii|too many yet not enough lenses https://www.jeffowenph​otography.com/ (external link)
https://www.instagram.​com/jeffowenphotograph​y/ (external link)

7D_Sniper
Goldmember
2,204 posts
Joined May 2010

Dec 29, 2010 15:30 |  #7

I like the feel of the shot, not every shot has to be dead on perfect exposure, white balance and focus are the most important IMO. The colors are nice, the red really makes it pop, nice capture.

Run it's the big bad amateur
GEAR & FEEDBACK
Help Support POTN
My Blog (external link)
http://www.hooddesigns​.com (external link)

sponsored links

1,604 views & 0 likes for this thread
Heart shaped egg
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.