Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
Thread started 03 Jan 2011 (Monday) 10:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

LMSYS III - 2011

Cuypers1807
Intact?
1,771 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 22, 2011 14:55 |  #346

One more:
Petri 7S

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Joby
Flickr (external link)_________My Site (external link)___________Gear List

sponsored links
Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jan 22, 2011 15:10 as a reply to  @ Cuypers1807's post |  #347

airfrogusmc wrote in post #11692014 (external link)
Hey Gail what about documenting the island you live on? But I know I sometimes have to get out of my area to really start seeing so even in a big target rich environment like Chicago and suburbs I have trouble getting out and shooting. :confused: Put me in the Keys or in New Mexico or out on an old 2 lane highway somewhere and i go nuts. :lol:

Allen thing about this place is it all starts to look the same...lol..water, rocks and mountains.....but its pretty

monty28428 wrote in post #11692076 (external link)
Well if I was a judge offering me a bride would not work -- it cost too much to get rid of the last one :-)

LMAO!

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

Robuk
2011 SMWYG Photographer of the Year
873 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jan 22, 2011 16:08 |  #348

Week 3 Winners.....

Congrats to the top three plus HM, and well done to everyone else that entered.

In third place was Harm

In second place was Geno.Ca

And the winner of week three with Wanting to Explore the outdoors was Lavanut. Well Done Lisa!!

And an Honourable mention to Jetcode

Freelance Photos North Wales
www.fpnw.co.uk (external link)
Free Pictures No Way :)

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
36,840 posts
Gallery: 167 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2007

Jan 22, 2011 16:30 as a reply to  @ Robuk's post |  #349

Congrats everyone!!!!

vmlopes
Goldmember
4,917 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 22, 2011 16:38 |  #350

Congrats you guys

Flickr (external link)
"I choose to live my life to a different tune of music., one which is not censored or wrapped so much with a blanket of over -regulation, Health & Safety gone mad, fear and blind compliance to anything you are told to do"........... Downfallen, RIP

lavanut
Goldmember
2,495 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 22, 2011 19:58 as a reply to  @ post 11694212 |  #351

Wow... can't believe I won a round with all the other great shots entered this week. I did take Permie's advice from the comments from SMWYG to heart and tried the color version this time.

Kristy, I loved your photo! That was a really nice shot. Geno, yours and Harm's shots were fantastic also. I have a feeling it's going to be tough judging this stuff next weekend. I sent a PM to Robuk for info.

I may be fascinated with volcanoes, but the name's Lisa.
My new website (external link) | ThePhotoHopper on Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Macrohopper on Instagram (nothing but macros) (external link) |
My Weather Station (external link)

Jason ­ C
do I need to submit a resume...?
4,833 posts
Gallery: 142 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 23, 2011 00:28 |  #352

Congrats Lisa, Geno, Harm and Joe! Good showing all!

The Oly E-P1 arrived today, gonna put it through the grinder tomorrow. Spent the evening reading the manual and setting up the camera. Shooting live view is freaky...

Jason C

Equipment & Feedback
"I am not interested in shooting new things-I am interested to see things new"--Ernst Haas

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jan 23, 2011 10:00 as a reply to  @ Jason C's post |  #353

WTG winners!
Lisa, I just love that photo, everything about it is lovely.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 23, 2011 10:44 |  #354

Way to go Winners! :) [SIZE=2]So many great entries this week.... It's fun watching the images as they post and seeing the world through different eyes/locations. :)

lavanut wrote in post #11694863 (external link)
Kristy, I loved your photo! That was a really nice shot. .

THank you. We were camping, and I ususally end up taking a few little hikes with my camera to see what I can find. Nothing is blooming right now, and the desert is kinda borning and brown most of the time... but when I saw that little cacus glowing in orange tones from the sky.. I had to take a couple of shots for fun. I kinda like how it turned out, although I did have to combine 2 exposures to balance the lights and darks.

Jason C wrote in post #11696046 (external link)
Congrats Lisa, Geno, Harm and Joe! Good showing all!

The Oly E-P1 arrived today, gonna put it through the grinder tomorrow. Spent the evening reading the manual and setting up the camera. Shooting live view is freaky...

Jason C

Fun! I keep looking at that one, and a couple of others for a nice snapshot camera that won't disappont. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots. :)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin
Kristy :D 5D MkIII, 24-70 / f2.8 L, 2 AB800's, and some modifiers.
My Website Page (external link)
My Flickr Page (external link)

-g-
Horribly disfigured but learning to cope
12,517 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 23, 2011 12:01 |  #355

Thanks Judges! :) Congrats to the other winners and HM.

Joe, did you delete a post or two? I looked here with my phone and thought I saw a post where you asked about my shot but I don't see it anymore.

The original is below. Some guys were playing volleyball in the pool and I had the camera with me. I took some artsy shots and then a few of them playing. This guy had scored a point and his celebration was to splash wildly. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. It was just before sunset so the sun was low and opposite me.

IMAGE: http://genodm.smugmug.com/photos/1165395353_VVRay-XL.jpg

Flickr (external link)--------------- Facebook (external link)--------------- Web (external link)--------------- Twitter (external link)
GENO.CA - Vancouver wedding photographer

Jason ­ C
4,833 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 23, 2011 19:46 |  #356

Kristy wrote in post #11697766 (external link)
Fun! I keep looking at that one, and a couple of others for a nice snapshot camera that won't disappont. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots. :)

I give my stamp of approval to the Olympus E-P1 with Panasonic 20mm f/1.7! Not prosumer DSLR, but light years beyond P&S...some reviewers claim on equal ground with he Rebel XSI.

Live view shooting is odd. Controls are only difficult becuase it is a new system I am not familiar with, but I am making great controls progress. Lots of settings to deal with and alter, especially setting up for "M" shooting. Read, practice, read, practice, read...

Focus is slow but accurate. MF assit is great but cycles back way too quickly or when you barely touch any button. For all of you *STAR* button focusers, I have two words for you; MODE 3! My Oly is nearly setup exactly like my two Canons...nearly, almost...

Supplied Software:Olympus Master 2: Sort of similar to DPP in what the RAW editor does, but OM2 is not as intuitive and it's PAINFULLY SLOW! No EXIF info in sight, wtf?

Olympus Studio 2 TRIAL:More editing options than OM2, slightly easier, full EXIF available but still PAINFULLY SLOW. OS2 does not cost too much, I'll upgrade.

Both programs have some interesting creative filters, but it's all or nothing when used, i.e. no user control on the amount of filter.

I took some snaps today, no people (the wife refuses) and the cats ran from me. All shots run through OS2, most were tweaked...I like tweaking.

It's a good, solid camera and I'm going to love using it out in the field. From what I've gleaned online, the Panasonic 20/1.7 IS THE LENS TO GET for this system. It is sharp at the center wide open, and at f/2 the whole frame is cracking.

FF conversion is easy with M4/3, it's a 2X crop. So, the 20mm/1.7 lens on the M4/3 system has the FF equivalent of 40mm/3.5.

1/4000th sec
f/1.7
iso 200

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

1/100th
f/2
iso 200
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

1/500th
f/1.7
iso 200
IMAGE NOT FOUND

1/250th
f/2
iso 200
IMAGE NOT FOUND

Jason C

Equipment & Feedback
"I am not interested in shooting new things-I am interested to see things new"--Ernst Haas

Jason ­ C
4,833 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 23, 2011 19:53 as a reply to  @ Jason C's post |  #357

A few more...

1/500th sec
f/1.7
iso 200

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Full image--camera settings only, no additional post. Natural setting (similar to Canon's Neutral), saturation, 0, contrast, +1, sharpening, +1, converted to jpeg.
1/100th sec
f/2
iso 200
IMAGE NOT FOUND

100% crop of above...
IMAGE NOT FOUND

This camera is good, for what it is. The plan is to get some people pics tomorrow.

Jason C

Equipment & Feedback

-g-
12,517 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 23, 2011 21:13 |  #358

Looks good, Jason.

Flickr (external link)--------------- Facebook (external link)--------------- Web (external link)--------------- Twitter (external link)

lavanut
Goldmember
2,495 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 23, 2011 21:28 as a reply to  @ -g-'s post |  #359

I second Geno. Impressive little camera there, Jason!

BTW, I had a weird thing happen today with my 5DII. I picked it up to take a few shots, and it looked very strange through the viewfinder. I took the lens off to have a look, and the focusing screen had fallen out of place! I don't remember the camera getting jarred recently, but it was sure enough loose. It had come unclipped and the screen was just rattling around in there.

I popped it back into place, and it still seems to work OK. I'll keep my fingers crossed it doesn't happen again and that there are no resulting damages!

Gail, thanks for the comment on the kitty pic. It's hard to believe when I look at that shot that she's a feral rescue (who still needs a home).

I may be fascinated with volcanoes, but the name's Lisa.
My new website (external link) | ThePhotoHopper on Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Macrohopper on Instagram (nothing but macros) (external link) |
My Weather Station (external link)

-g-
12,517 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 23, 2011 21:58 |  #360

jetcode wrote in post #11701546 (external link)
Folks for the record I am half psycho, half human, and fairly indestructible.

Are you my Daddy? :lol::lol:

sponsored links

273,724 views & 0 likes for this thread
LMSYS III - 2011
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.