Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 08 Jan 2011 (Saturday) 11:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Need someone Japanese-fluent to translate something fast. Entering a photo contest

slr_noob
536 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 08, 2011 11:51 |  #1

Sorry for the late notice. I would like to enter a photo contest (figure based). I took the picture ready for submission before the deadline on January 14th in Japan (will submit in a couple days to avoid delays).
http://www.whl4u.jp/ph​oto.html (external link)

I know very little Japanese, but I have a general understanding of the information. Web translator doesn't work very well, but I don't see anywhere that says it's limited to residents of Japan only and that is the main thing I would like to confirm.

From my understand, the contest rule is pretty straight-forward.
-no restriction on photographic equipment (use any camera I want including camera phone and I believe I saw people entered with pictures taken with a phone camera in this photo contest before)
-One submission per person only
-please keep the image file size under 3MB (I checked this has to be in JPG)
-Time of picture taken is not asked (I think I may got this right)
-Please note your submission will not be returned
-Your submission will be exhibited in the public
-Please refrain from the one to ruin the image of the work and the character greatly (got this out of Excite translate)
-Please keep in mind (acknowledge) the management reserves the decision to display your work or not
-If there are duplicate or similar entries, the selected winner can be canceled (sort of confused about this one, but I get the idea)
-All submissions will be shown on "Twitpic"
-Submissions will be shown in its voting order
-Your submission can be shown in magazines and such
-You may not be able to receive your prize if you enter the wrong information
-This very portion basically explains under what criteria the judges can exclude your submission without prior notice such as offensive contents, unreadable submission data, etc (don't have a clue about this part without the help of web translator)
-Privacy: this part basically says the organizers won't share your information other than for the purpose of the contest in accordance of the law. Winners may be asked to provide additional information to process the prize. Personal information is maintained by the organizer.
Note: your "display name" (or "handle" depending on the person) will be shown when your work is displayed

Thanks in advance for the help.

Canon 7D
-580EX II
-24-105 f/4L IS USM (Now fixed!)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

560 views & 0 likes for this thread
Need someone Japanese-fluent to translate something fast. Entering a photo contest
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.