Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 10 Jan 2011 (Monday) 15:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CS 1 speed strap vs Black Rapid RS7

snj1013
286 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 04, 2011 16:16 |  #16

Don't forget to check out Luma Loop as well. I like it because the strap seems a bit less bulky than the Black Rapid.

60D / Canon 24-105 F/4L IS /

sponsored links
contributor_M
341 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 04, 2011 16:38 |  #17

Team Carry Speed here. Meaning, I really enjoy the CS-1 strap and don't regret the purchase one bit. I would definitely recommend them. It's always a personal preference as far as straps are concerned.

Adrian
Gear | Flickr (external link) | 500px (external link)

eelnoraa
Goldmember
1,798 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 07, 2011 21:50 |  #18

I received my RS4 replacement strap from BR today. The new webbing is big improvement over the old one. The weight and toughness is on par with my Northface backpack webbing.

Also, big pop to BR customer service. I highly recommended BR now.

5Di, 5Diii, 28, 50, 85, 16-35II, 24-105, 70-200F2.8 IS

BrutusG
83 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 07, 2011 22:19 |  #19

contributor_M wrote in post #11778133 (external link)
Team Carry Speed here. Meaning, I really enjoy the CS-1 strap and don't regret the purchase one bit. I would definitely recommend them. It's always a personal preference as far as straps are concerned.

I think I'm going to jump on the CS-1, especially for the price. I don't know how I feel about the rubber bumps on the CS-2.

If I could have a dream sling-style strap though, I would have to mash quite a few up.

The steelwire/shock absorber of the Sun-Sniper
The contoured shape of the Black Rapid RS-7
The hardware strength and tripod-readiness of the Carryspeed CS-1

effstop
810 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 14, 2011 23:03 |  #20

I was able to take out the cs1 on sunday for a quick shoot and used my 1d, 80-200mm 2.8, and tripod. I have always used a neck strap but overall was pretty happy. The camera/lens balance well and was able to use attach the tripod plate which was great. My only gripe is the strap had a nasty smell of packing grease and had to hand wash.

For $35 shipped I'm pretty thrilled and would recommend. The potn forum is dangerous and has put many bugs in my head of things to buy but this one didn't hurt my wallet too much.

5D MKI | 1D MKII | 24-70mm 2.8 L | 80-200MM 2.8 L | 400mm 5.6 L |50mm 1.8

BrutusG
83 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 15, 2011 11:28 |  #21

Do you keep the strap on at all times? If so, how do you store it when you're done? Also, how is it when you're shooting vertical?

Lol, I'm trying hard not to buy any gadgets, but I'm really tempted.

LostInInaka
500 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 17, 2011 08:46 |  #22

picked up a C-Loop and a slipt strap...both kickstarter projects...amazing designs and very comfortable so far

owned the BR CS-1 before that and just sold it because I like this one much better

5DmkIII | Rokinon 35mm f/1.4 | Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L mk II | Canon 24mm f/1.4L mk II | Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L mk II | Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L | Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS mk II | + Misc
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

11,399 views & 0 likes for this thread
CS 1 speed strap vs Black Rapid RS7
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.