Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 14 Jan 2011 (Friday) 09:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Darn B&H

zrock
191 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 14, 2011 09:33 |  #1

Darn B&H proto is going to get me in trouble... in the last week i have ordered a Difuser for my flash. Seen how fast that was geting here so turned around and ordered a grip and extra batterie. Even with shipping and border fees its still way less than 1/2 the price i could find it here in canada and shippign only seems to take 4 days that is even faster than i can get anything shipped in canada..hehe

Still want to order a few more goodies but figured id better stop before the GF shoots me. Still on the order list Hand strap not sure what one yet, Lens, Remote, Backpack, Filters, and im sure severall other items

Canon T1i
EFS 18-55mm
EFS 55-250mm
430EX II

sponsored links
bespoke
712 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 14, 2011 09:35 |  #2

dump gf, buy equipment, win

yes b&h is great for us canadians

Retouching (external link)Photography (external link)Instagram (external link)
5D3 & 5D2s | 24 TS-E II, 24-70 II, 85L II, 100L, 70-200L II, 35 & 85 Zeiss ZE, Samyang 14, Sigma 50
Hasselblads + Leaf Aptus MFDB, Fuji X100, Epson 3880/9890

thomps000
115 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 14, 2011 11:20 |  #3

bespoke wrote in post #11639019 (external link)
dump gf, buy equipment, win

Or make gf understand she is second to photography :D

-Patrick

Flickr (external link)

tvphotog
Cream of the Crop
6,093 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 14, 2011 13:06 |  #4

I was just in Equador and found another photographer there who orders from B&H. That adds to the guys I know in Istanbul and SA who shop there.

Jay
Ireland in Word and Image (external link) Jay Ben Images (external link)5D IV | 5DS/R | Powershot S100 | 24-105L | 100-400 IIL | 16-35 f/2.8 IIL | 24 T/S f /3.5L II | 17 T/S f/4L | 50mm f/1.2L | 35mm f/1.4L | 70-200 f/2.8L II | 580 EX II | 600 EX-RT | Feisol 3441T/Markins Q3T lever QR | Gitzo 3542L Markins Qi20 BV-22 | Gitzo 5561T RRS MH-02

JackLiu
570 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 14, 2011 13:09 |  #5

B&H, way to go!! Shouldn't you inform gf of your relationship with B&H?

"Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back." Arthur Rubinstein.

dkmoy.photos
146 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 14, 2011 13:12 as a reply to  @ JackLiu's post |  #6

i'm headed to B&H this weekend just to browse. it's all about the will power :)

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand" - Adam Ansel
Follow my Project 365 progress
www.instagram.com/dkmo​y.photos (external link)

MMakoto
69 posts
Joined May 2010

Jan 14, 2011 13:28 |  #7

dkmoy118 wrote in post #11640524 (external link)

my first time there last summer, i was being pushed/guided around here and there. a little confusing on how to get to one section to another. their in-store buying process wasn't all that friendly either; purchase at one place (even if you have the actual product on hand), pay at another, and then pickup at the next, even if you buy just a little small piece of accessory.

5D III - 24-70L II - 70-200L II - Sigma 35mm 1.4 - 600ex-RT - Manfrotto 190xprob - Manfrotto 322RC2 - Kata 3n1-20 - Kata DR467i - Crumpler 7MDH - Lowepro Outback 200 - Canon 200DG x2

pbelarge
Goldmember
2,837 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 14, 2011 13:37 as a reply to  @ MMakoto's post |  #8

Went to B&H 2 weeks ago. I was going to look at lenses. I purchased the 70-200LII, but then I tested the 1.4 extender, that is in my bag now. Then I bought screen protectors for both cameras...then I bought a gimbal tripod mount. I would have bought more, but ran out of time.

Don't even go within a block of the store if you know what is good for you.

You see, touching the goods is as good as buying the goods......:confused::cool:

just a few of my thoughts...
Pierre

Cam101
615 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 14, 2011 13:41 |  #9

I've been to NYC a few times, but managed to resist temptation. Have never actually set foot in B&H, but have heard the same as some posters here have mentioned.. the online experience may be better than in store.

The new shipping policies are certainly going to be a welcomed change for us north of the border. Canadian companies don't even come close.

Canon R5
Canon Lenses: RF 70-200 f/2.8L | EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro | MP-E 65mm Macro
RRS TVC-34L MkII | RRS BH55 and Anvil-30

thomps000
115 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 14, 2011 15:24 |  #10

Cam101 wrote in post #11640764 (external link)
I've been to NYC a few times, but managed to resist temptation. Have never actually set foot in B&H, but have heard the same as some posters here have mentioned.. the online experience may be better than in store.

The new shipping policies are certainly going to be a welcomed change for us north of the border. Canadian companies don't even come close.

It is a little tough to navigate, but the customer service and knowledge is absolutely great. I ask to look at a 50mm 1.4 and a 24-105 lens and the guy brought out about 8 lenses. Everything that was in that range for me to try out. Gave me his honest opinion and I told him I had to think about it a little longer on the 24-105. I haven't met anyone that knew as much as this guy and it was an awesome couple of hours in there.

I could easily spend 50k in the store (if I had it to spend on that of course!)

-Patrick

Flickr (external link)

Kasrielle
Goldmember
1,158 posts
Gallery: 88 photos
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 14, 2011 16:15 |  #11

dkmoy118 wrote in post #11640524 (external link)

How can you possibly do that? I would never get out of there alive, because my credit cards would catch fire from the friction and engulf me in flames!! ;)

www.photosbykas.com (external link)
my Flickr Page (external link)
500px.com/Kasrielle (external link)

rdalrt
Goldmember
1,710 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 14, 2011 17:23 |  #12

Yep, B&H is where I order all my stuff now too. The new Purolator ground shipping with taxes all paid is the shizznit. My last order I placed on a Thurs. morning and had it in my hands the next Wed. afternoon. And I am way out here in Western Canada. And it was about 15-20% cheaper than my local photo store (a Western chain, not a Mom and Pop) that didn't even have the lens in stock (35L). And with the dollar now at par, I am really struggling to find reasons to support the locals.

Just Sports Photographyexternal link
My Junk ;)

StarTzar
426 posts
Joined May 2010

Jan 14, 2011 17:31 |  #13

Shipping to Canada via Purolator is by far the best shipping option for Canadian customers. It is fast and very economical. Much much much better and a whole lot cheaper than UPS.

kokakaste2
Goldmember
3,546 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 14, 2011 17:36 as a reply to  @ StarTzar's post |  #14

thomps000 wrote in post #11639764 (external link)
Or make gf understand she is second to photography :D

hahah ^^

Oskar (Oscar) - stuff I use- Flickr (external link) - My Facebook page (external link) :)

KurtGoss
453 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 14, 2011 17:48 as a reply to  @ kokakaste2's post |  #15
bannedPermanent ban

Just think how much gear you can buy if you dump the gf!

Also, show her this thread :)

bw!

sponsored links

8,011 views & 0 likes for this thread
Darn B&H
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.