Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 31 Jan 2011 (Monday) 16:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Heidi's vintage 21st

davo_robbo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,595 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 02, 2011 17:49 |  #16

Thanks guys :)

5Dc | 24LII/45 TS/50L/85 Sigma
Canberra Wedding Photographer - David Robertson (external link) | [URL="http://www.faceb​ook.com/#!/pages/David​-Robertson-Photography/2927518399​29?ref=ts"]Facebook Page | [URL="http://twitter.c​om/davidrphoto"]Twitte​r | [URL="http://www.forms​pring.me/drobertsonpho​to"]GOT Photography Q's? (Formspring)

sponsored links
glasshouse
93 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 02, 2011 21:07 |  #17
bannedPermanent ban

I sometimes lol@the notion that in today's day and age with 21mpx full frame digital cameras with blah blah blah features, it's actually "trendy" to make photos appear like they were shot with 70's polaroids. Lol.

Having said that, yes the procdessing is interesting; I'd like them more without the blur, I hate til shift lenses quite a bit. The composition and angle and such is ok. I like the first one pretty good.

Karizmatik
Goldmember
1,298 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 02, 2011 21:29 |  #18

glasshouse wrote in post #11766706 (external link)
I sometimes lol@the notion that in today's day and age with 21mpx full frame digital cameras with blah blah blah features, it's actually "trendy" to make photos appear like they were shot with 70's polaroids. Lol.

Having said that, yes the procdessing is interesting; I'd like them more without the blur, I hate til shift lenses quite a bit. The composition and angle and such is ok. I like the first one pretty good.

I always lol @ the small mindedness of people like you, too. It's fun. And it's "trendy" to point at them and say, "Hey, look, a troll." -- If you don't like something, move on dude. No one cares about what someone doesn't like. It's like going to a movie you've seen before and dislike then complaining about how you didn't like it. It's just retarded ;)

As to the original poster -- Rad stuff man. Keep it up!

Karizmatik | Twitter (external link) | Blog (external link)

5DMKII 35L 45TSE 50L 135L

"The best revenge is living well."

Heloperator
75 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 03, 2011 01:07 |  #19

Beautiful imagery and wonderful processing. Congrats :)

Canon 7D + Canon Grip | Sigma 600mm f/8, Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Takumar 28mm f/2.8 Bayonet

glasshouse
93 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 03, 2011 09:39 |  #20
bannedPermanent ban

Karizmatik wrote in post #11766836 (external link)
I always lol @ the small mindedness of people like you, too. It's fun. And it's "trendy" to point at them and say, "Hey, look, a troll." -- If you don't like something, move on dude. No one cares about what someone doesn't like. It's like going to a movie you've seen before and dislike then complaining about how you didn't like it. It's just retarded ;)

What the hell are you talking about? Dud,e you are REALLY stupid!

Ondarox
26 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 03, 2011 10:11 as a reply to  @ post 11758733 |  #21

Great images! I really like the look to them.

Canon 7D - gripped | 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II USM | 50mm f/1.4 | 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | 2x II extender | kit 28-135mm f/3.5-5.5 | 580EX II | a big wish list!
flickr (external link)

MissCJ
126 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 03, 2011 12:33 |  #22

People buy 21.1 mp, full frame cameras in order to have the ability to do anything to the images. Try coming up with something this amazing with an 8mp camera, while keeping the high quality.

These are beautiful.

Canon 5DMK2>24-105mm f4L>70-200mm f4L>50mm 1.4>430 EX II

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 03, 2011 12:47 as a reply to  @ post 11758733 |  #23

I really like your style and approach to capturing the details. Just an observation on how you have the images arranged on your blog though...

If I were the person who did the catering, I'd be extremely happy with the gallery. If I were looking for a photographer to shoot a social gathering, I'd have moved on to someone else long before I got to the people shots waaaaay down the page.

I think you need to mix them up a little more and get rid of the ones that look like you were creeping around shooting from behind bushes. It's obvious you have the ability to connect with people because the people shots look casual and relaxed.

As it's laid out now, it's a catering demo with some people shots far down the way.

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

glasshouse
93 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 03, 2011 13:07 |  #24
bannedPermanent ban

MissCJ wrote in post #11770131 (external link)
Try coming up with something this amazing with an 8mp camera, while keeping the high quality.

Your post shows,k you know ZERO about photography. For one, megapixels means almost NOTHING. Second, there are PLENTY of high-end pro's all across the world that did just fine with the 4mps Canon 1d. Some of my finest portraits were done with a Canon 20d, and any of them would blow the doors off these photos! They're ok, but come on, give me a break...

MissCJ
126 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 03, 2011 14:54 |  #25

glasshouse wrote in post #11770346 (external link)
Your post shows,k you know ZERO about photography. For one, megapixels means almost NOTHING. Second, there are PLENTY of high-end pro's all across the world that did just fine with the 4mps Canon 1d. Some of my finest portraits were done with a Canon 20d, and any of them would blow the doors off these photos! They're ok, but come on, give me a break...

Fair point on the Canon 1D. I'm not, however, going to argue with you on someone else's thread. All this does is reflect difference in taste, but you clearly enjoy finding people to call "really stupid." If you don't like this kind of PP, get off the thread.

I'm done.

Canon 5DMK2>24-105mm f4L>70-200mm f4L>50mm 1.4>430 EX II

glasshouse
93 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 03, 2011 16:09 |  #26
bannedPermanent ban

MissCJ wrote in post #11770920 (external link)
All this does is reflect difference in taste, but you clearly enjoy finding people to call "really stupid." If you don't like this kind of PP, get off the thread.

I'm done.

Um, did you even READ his post to me???!?!

glasshouse
93 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 03, 2011 17:08 |  #27
bannedPermanent ban

Here's his post - from out of nowhere. Things like this are why I hate even getting involved in internet photography forums:

Karizmatik wrote in post #11766836 (external link)

As to the original poster -- Rad stuff man. Keep it up!

Karizmatik
Goldmember
1,298 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Feb 03, 2011 23:48 |  #28

glasshouse wrote in post #11771752 (external link)
Here's his post - from out of nowhere. Things like this are why I hate even getting involved in internet photography forums:

Aww, really? What a shame. I'm sure we'll all miss you're presence.

Bye, bye.

Karizmatik | Twitter (external link) | Blog (external link)

5DMKII 35L 45TSE 50L 135L

"The best revenge is living well."

glasshouse
93 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 04, 2011 09:57 |  #29
bannedPermanent ban

Karizmatik wrote in post #11773779 (external link)
Aww, really? What a shame. I'm sure we'll all miss you're presence.

Bye, bye.

No, you won't - I'm not going anywhere :) Throw **** at me and you'll get it back - x1000.

Juneb
505 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 04, 2011 10:34 as a reply to  @ glasshouse's post |  #30

is there a time out corner in this room ? I think it may need to be used

Sorry they took your space with this Heidi, I loved the look by the way

Canon T1i
EFS 18-55
75-300
to much to learn, to little time left to learn it

sponsored links

7,114 views & 0 likes for this thread
Heidi's vintage 21st
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.