Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
Thread started 08 Feb 2011 (Tuesday) 10:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Recent outing with a Canon EOS 7D - Shooting Foot Paths

Martin.D
Goldmember
2,098 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 08, 2011 10:10 |  #1

This year, start of my 3rd year into photography and all I want to learn is composition, so I hope I'm heading in the right direction...

Since December 2010 my camera has been in and out repair via AC Foto & Canon - very annoying but nothing much I can do and in all honesty I would rather a 100% working 5D Mark II.

This weekend I was loaned a Canon EOS 7D to keep up with my 52 week project (photo a week for 1 year) and I must say it really is an awsome camera. The ergonomics, AF system and small features the 5D Mark II does'nt have really do stand out, if only it was FF. Anyways, I'm sure all you 7D owners know how fantastic it is so I wont go on..

The weather here in Germany changes from +10c to -5c in less than 24 hours, it's been like this for the past few weeks and on some day's makes photography less than interesting but this Sunday just gone I did manage an hour out with my son and to keep on top of my project.

I first spotted this location back in November when taking a family drive past Delbrück (external link), the tree line is about 1 km long, freshly planted trees give it more possibilities to capture with many different compositions and in summer this will be a great location for more captures..

Apologies for the heavy black border but this is how I present my photos on Flickr - on my website I do not use borders..

C&C Welcome..

This is shot number 5 towards a 52 week project (Scapes for a year). Right of Way, nothing special really - weather here is very dull hence the mono conversions..

My son was bored so we had to move fast back to the car, took this shot before getting into the car..

Right of Way (5/52)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

An old couple take a walk along a country path near to Delbruck / Paderborn / Germany.

I got into conversation with them shortly before and told them I would photograph them once they had come into composition.

Sunday Walkers

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5258/5424892674_c312f7093a.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …424892674/in/ph​otostream/  (external link)

Final shot, bridging the 2 shot's above is this curve that follows a narrow stream..

Around the bend

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5052/5428479632_2a6d11c22c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …martins_album/5​428479632/  (external link)

Web Site (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Instagram (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Canon 5D Mark IV + Glass

sponsored links
flyfish1
673 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 08, 2011 18:51 |  #2

All of them are very nice but really like the last one.

5D Mark II - 17-40 f/4L - 24-105 f/4L IS - 70-300L IS - 85 1.8 - RRS TVC 33 Tripod - RRS BH-55 Ball Head

Martin.D
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,098 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 09, 2011 00:01 |  #3

flyfish1 wrote in post #11804619 (external link)
All of them are very nice but really like the last one.

Thank you :D

Web Site (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Canon 5D Mark IV + Glass

BlakeinatorMate
438 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 09, 2011 00:30 |  #4

Those are incredibly amazing, It's amazingly hard for me to choose which one I like best :/ GRRRRR.

16 year old photography and videography enthusiast.

www.youtube.com/Blakei​natorMate (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/blakeinatormate​/ (external link)
www.blakebodycotephoto​graphy.com (external link)

Martin.D
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,098 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 09, 2011 03:48 |  #5

BlakeinatorMate wrote in post #11806451 (external link)
Those are incredibly amazing, It's amazingly hard for me to choose which one I like best :/ GRRRRR.

Thank you :D - I've posted a message on your flickr stream..

Web Site (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Canon 5D Mark IV + Glass

Staszek
Goldmember
3,600 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Feb 09, 2011 04:12 |  #6

Nice photos.

SOSKIphoto (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link)| Instagram (external link)
Shooting with big noisy cameras and a bag of primes.

Martin.D
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,098 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 09, 2011 06:44 |  #7

Staszek wrote in post #11806951 (external link)
Nice photos.

Thank you

Web Site (external link)
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Canon 5D Mark IV + Glass

sponsored links

1,265 views & 0 likes for this thread
Recent outing with a Canon EOS 7D - Shooting Foot Paths
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.