Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 09 Feb 2011 (Wednesday) 20:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adobe Camera raw 6.3

Shooting
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 09, 2011 20:47 |  #1

Does anyone know where I can get just the 8bi file of the new camera raw update for my CS5? I tried using the update installer and get the error Update Not Applicable. I tried getting the update from within CS5 and get the same error. Haven't called Adobe yet, hate dealing with them..all I need is download the raw 6.3 8bi file..anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks.

sponsored links
PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop
5,546 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 09, 2011 21:20 |  #2

Windows or Mac?

Gear List

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 09, 2011 21:31 |  #3

PixelMagic wrote in post #11812442 (external link)
Windows or Mac?

Windows.

gjl711
"spouting off stupid things"
56,240 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 09, 2011 21:33 |  #4

http://www.adobe.com …ads/detail.jsp?​ftpID=4917 (external link)

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 09, 2011 21:40 |  #5

That contains the updater file that is giving me the trouble..the updater.exe file doesn't work for some reason. I need just the raw 8bi file.

PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop
5,546 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 09, 2011 21:42 |  #6

You can't just install the 8bi file....you need the entire updater.

Gear List

Bob_A
Cream of the Crop
8,475 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Feb 09, 2011 21:53 |  #7

What's the error you're getting? If PS is having an issue accessing Adobe Updater then it's an issued caused by Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter being enabled. Just go to Device Manager and disable it and the problem goes away. With it enabled Adobe Updater won't work for any of your Adobe applications (Photoshop, Acrobat, etc).

Unless you need multiple WLAN adapters, you don't need Microsoft WiFi Miniport Adapter. I have it disabled on both of my Win 7 64bit PC's ... No issues. Google "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Adobe Updater" if you want to confirm the above.

Bob
SmugMug (external link) | My Gear Ratings | My POTN Gallery

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 10, 2011 16:30 |  #8

The built-in way to update your Camera Raw is to use the Bridge Help/Updates utility. That should run the update without trying to run a separate executable. If you are saying you need to handle the Raw plug-in separately for some reason, well when you run that update function you can just copy the .8bi file for whatever.

But run the Bridge update and if that doesn't work get back to us.

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Bob_A
Cream of the Crop
8,475 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Feb 10, 2011 17:32 |  #9

If the OP is trying to run the "update" from within an Adobe application he needs to follow what I stated above. It's a well known issue between Adobe and Win 7.

Bob

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 10, 2011 20:33 as a reply to  @ Bob_A's post |  #10

I know about the 8bi file not being installed. I was wanting to know where I could get that one file so I can just copy it over to the folder where it needs to be.

The error I was getting when running the updater.exe file came from CS5 itself saying "Update Not Applicable".

Another photographer told me what to do. Go into the Assets2 folder and there is one file in there, that is the profile file. Just copy it over and rename it to camera raw 6.3.8bi..I did that and there it is, works perfect..

But for future ref..can anyone tell me where to get that raw file so I can just download it and copy it over?

Or I guess I could find someone else with CS5 and if they updated their successfullly then I could just copy his 8bi file.

Bob_A
Cream of the Crop
8,475 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Feb 10, 2011 22:59 |  #11

I get updates perfectly each time right from CS5 itself. What happens when you click update from within CS5?

Bob

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 14, 2011 17:02 |  #12

Bob_A wrote in post #11820112 (external link)
I get updates perfectly each time right from CS5 itself. What happens when you click update from within CS5?

I get the same error "update not applicable".

sponsored links

6,710 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adobe Camera raw 6.3
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.